Release timing drift

From:
David Golden
Date:
May 11, 2013 13:23
Subject:
Release timing drift
Message ID:
CAOeq1c9iSHqrA_HehbAhSBVmkpdzxhmZupTrfVdxCm5c5xUGMg@mail.gmail.com
Congrats to Rik for shipping version v5.18.0-RC1.

I want to point out -- without meaning any specific critique of
anybody -- that our RC1 schedule has drifted later since v5.12:

5.12.0-RC1    2010-Mar-29
5.14.0-RC1    2011-Apr-20
5.16.0-RC1    2012-May-14
5.18.0-RC1    2012-May-11

We've managed to keep the final releases in May, but we've given
ourselves less room for error. (Possibly, our release quality has
improved since v5.12 and we're more confident.)

We might want to consider whether we should move the freezes back by a
month in v5.19 to try to regain some lead time for resolving blockers
with less urgency.

David

--
David Golden <xdg@xdg.me>