develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2013

JROBINSON grant report #15 (Jan 1st-6th)

From:
Jess Robinson
Date:
January 14, 2013 16:56
Subject:
JROBINSON grant report #15 (Jan 1st-6th)
Message ID:
op.wqwunpcu1zpo48@insel

I adapted/borrowed from Neil's Makefile.SH patch. When we're
cross-compiling, Configure builds a copy of miniperl and generate_uudmap
in a sub-directory using default Configure options. The location of these
is passed to Makefile.SH as hostperl and hostgenerate, and used instead of
building miniperl and generate_uudmap during the build.

Now that we have a standalone build, I spent some time setting up (or
trying to) a smoker to ensure that the Android cross-compile continues to
build.

Summary
-------

4h30 - Building host/miniperl and host/generate_uudmap + testing
3h10 - Settup up Android smoker