develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2012

Parrot 4.10.0 "Red-eared Parakeet" Released

Reini Urban
November 21, 2012 14:31
Parrot 4.10.0 "Red-eared Parakeet" Released
Message ID:
On behalf of the Parrot team, I'm proud to announce Parrot 4.10.0, also known
as "Red-eared Parakeet".  Parrot ( is a virtual machine aimed
at running all dynamic languages.

Parrot 4.10.0 is available on Parrot's FTP site
(, or by following the
download instructions at  For those who would like
to develop on Parrot, or help develop Parrot itself, we recommend using Git to
retrieve the source code to get the latest and best Parrot code.

Parrot 4.10.0 News:
    - Core
        + Add PMCNULL check to result_info op
        + Fixed record separator bug on io handles
    - Build
        + Add -fpermissive so that nqp builds under gcc 4.7.2
        + Fixed warnings for old ICU 4.4
    - Platforms
        + More VMS fixes, but not yet done
    - Branches
        + The threads branch is ready to be merged, but nqp needs some changes,
          so it will be merged with 4.11.0.
    - Examples
        + Parrot mini-web server fixes

The SHA256 message digests for the downloadable tarballs are:

Many thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our sponsors
for supporting this project.  Our next scheduled release is 18 December 2012.

The release is a day late. I apologize for the lateness.
Reini Urban Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.