Re: No-taint support in Perl

Ricardo Signes
October 28, 2012 19:34
Re: No-taint support in Perl
Message ID:
* Steffen Mueller <> [2012-10-21T06:08:54]
> A short while ago, I posted about my branch that introduces a C
> define (really two: NO_TAINT_SUPPORT, SILENT_NO_TAINT_SUPPORT) that
> disables taint support either by making -t/-T fatal or by simply
> making them no-ops.

It seems potentially useful to be able to compile a taint-check-free perl.  I'd
want -t to warn and -T to die in such circumstances.  Then it would be useful
to update Test::Harness to either ignore -T on the shebang on such perls to to
have a way (switch or env var) to disable the -T-trusting behavior.

I am not keen on ending up with a user being able to run any "perl -T" and have
it silently ignored.