sub signatures - status - I'm going quiet for a while ...

From:
Peter Martini
Date:
October 28, 2012 16:59
Subject:
sub signatures - status - I'm going quiet for a while ...
Message ID:
CAFyW6MT4t5M37WzyV0cr2Fr8EgwkinDGLZDWgX1skcvm50ftVA@mail.gmail.com
I think I'll stop stoking the fires til I clear off the work on my plate,
which includes:

* Make a new branch to I can create a new series of commits cleanly

* The code cleanups Father C posted.

* Remove the @_ ban (I'll commit it and immediately revert it in the new
branch, so it can be easily added back)

*** In the commit adding it, I'll ban goto from a sub with a signature, so
there'll be record of that.

** Strict parameter count checking*.  sub foo($bar) requires exactly one
parameter.  sub foo(@bar) or sub foo(%bar) requires 0 or more, and will
die/croak otherwise

* Make goto &foo work

* Make the signature parameter in the padlist an AV* instead of an int
(mainly future proofing)

* Rename the proto attribute to prototype (Father C prefers prototype, and
I don't recall anyone else having a preference one way or another)

* attributes.pm/xs should be aware of the prototype attribute (but I think
it should only be aware of it enough to say use : prototype() directly)

* Handle

* Change the name of the feature to just 'signatures' (but flagged as
experimental)

* Make sure all tests pass at each commit