[Final update] Taking CPANPLUS out of core

Sawyer X
October 4, 2012 17:24
[Final update] Taking CPANPLUS out of core
Message ID:
To make things short, I think that we shoudn't take this step until
we've secured a properly working-out-of-the-box CPAN client for VMS.
Craig has raised the issue that doesn't work on VMS and
demonstrated it effortlessly. If anyone thinks differently, please let
me know.

I want to thank David, Craig and Leon for promptly investigating this
issue. You can view the thread here:

I'd be happy to revisit the perltodo for CPANPLUS once support for VMS
is achieved in I think it will make it much less objectionable.
Meanwhile I'm going to take a look at other perltodos to which I might
be able to lend a hand.

I could also provide a patch to perltodo to add "fixing on VMS"
if that's helpful at all.

Thanks for all the input and help! :)