Why is Filter::Simple in core distribution?

James E Keenan
September 26, 2012 19:19
Why is Filter::Simple in core distribution?
Message ID:
Reviewing older RT tickets tonight, I came across this one filed in
January 2012 which has yet to receive a response:

"Filter::Simple with immediately following "no""

Can anyone say why this distribution is distributed with Perl?

Other than its own tests, I can't find any place in the core distro
where it is used.  While I can recall Damian Conway's presentations
about it half a decade ago, I can't say I've ever had a use for it.
Which makes me wonder whether or not this is a good candidate for
transfer to "maintained-only-on-CPAN" status (note: *not* dual-life status).

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan