Re: Newline legacy (Was: fixing smartmatch just hard enough (andwhen, too))

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
September 25, 2012 21:47
Re: Newline legacy (Was: fixing smartmatch just hard enough (andwhen, too))
Message ID:
20120926044700.GA9078@fernweh.plasmasturm.org
* demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> [2012-08-29 14:05]:
> I cant optimize s/\s+\z// into a trim operation without putting the
> code in core. From there I would object most vehemently if I had to
> load Scalar::Util to use the function, so I would put it in Internals
> which is where basically ALL of Scalar-Util belongs (I even provided
> a patch for moving them all into core but the bikeshed mob got so
> wound up by me calling it mauve (a symbol chose purely because I could
> s/// it to something else) that I pretty much gave up contributing to
> Perl for about a year afterwards). Scalar::Util could then expose the
> internal function as needed for those who found it distasteful to
> write Internals::trim.

Ah! Ah! Can I convince you to revive that effort?