Term::ReadLine::Perl not moving forward?

Rocky Bernstein
August 26, 2012 20:32
Term::ReadLine::Perl not moving forward?
Message ID:
There is a patch [1] I put in 5 months ago to more fully complete
Term::ReadLine::Perl. It add GNU Readline's
ReadHistory, WriteHistory, and StifleHIstory. These are part of GNU
ReadLine and Term::ReadLine:::GNU. In fact, the tests for my patch are
taken from Term::ReadLine::GNU.  After an initial positive feedback, this
has gone nowhere. I've tried a couple of pings.

Incidentally, the initial author is the same person as in Devel::Peek.
Again, I could use the patch right now in
Devel::Trepan<> right
now. Term::ReadLine::Perl is in need of modernization, but I don't want to
take over ownership of this, although I could help out perhaps initially.

Here are the options I can think of

1. do nothing (the default)
2. ping more (not something I like to do)
3. request ownership change (also not something I want to own) or hope
someone else will undertake
4. Work up a way to monkeypatch Term::ReadLine::Perl

Are there more? Any suggestions? What would be the gentlest way to do 4?