Allowing named arguments in prototypes

From:
Peter Martini
Date:
June 28, 2012 13:52
Subject:
Allowing named arguments in prototypes
Message ID:
CAFyW6MR2fZcWq8wUtQP4CFDW828_nYiFMsumYU7xOc4jMrStaw@mail.gmail.com
If someone (yes, I'm volunteering) were to do the work to allow named
parameters in prototypes, would there be support for adding it to core?

I'd JFDI already, but I suspect that such a contribution might be rejected
for at least 2 reasons:

1. Existing prototypes have a narrower role than just defining parameters,
and adding names would only further the confusion.

2. This is the kind of thing that can (and has) been done on CPAN.

Thoughts?