[perl #37713] Safe.pm fails miserably with some modules, notably version.pm

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
March 30, 2012 17:46
Subject:
[perl #37713] Safe.pm fails miserably with some modules, notably version.pm
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-4610-1333154786-1280.37713-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Nov 21 02:49:12 2005, rgarciasuarez@mandriva.com wrote:
> demerphq wrote:
> >
> > Is Safe even supported?  http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=418065 seems to
> > suggest that it isn't. To quote from a mail by Tim Bunce quoted in
> > that thread
> >
> > "Safe was a failed experiment. I don't maintain it."
> >
> > So is it even worth looking into?
> >
> > Has the status of Safe.pm changed now that Raphael owns the package?
>
> I sometimes fix things in it and I backport it to CPAN.
> I believe this should be fixed. Although I don't think that
> Safe.pm deserves its name :)

Reviewing this older ticket tonight, it seems that no one expresses very
much confidence in Safe.pm.  But it's still part of the Perl 5 core
distribution.  Should it be?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---