[perl #37713] fails miserably with some modules, notably

James E Keenan via RT
March 30, 2012 17:46
[perl #37713] fails miserably with some modules, notably
Message ID:
On Mon Nov 21 02:49:12 2005, wrote:
> demerphq wrote:
> >
> > Is Safe even supported? seems to
> > suggest that it isn't. To quote from a mail by Tim Bunce quoted in
> > that thread
> >
> > "Safe was a failed experiment. I don't maintain it."
> >
> > So is it even worth looking into?
> >
> > Has the status of changed now that Raphael owns the package?
> I sometimes fix things in it and I backport it to CPAN.
> I believe this should be fixed. Although I don't think that
> deserves its name :)

Reviewing this older ticket tonight, it seems that no one expresses very
much confidence in  But it's still part of the Perl 5 core
distribution.  Should it be?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open