(WTF?) ExtUtils::MakeMaker not included in recent red-hat perl releases

From:
demerphq
Date:
January 24, 2012 02:39
Subject:
(WTF?) ExtUtils::MakeMaker not included in recent red-hat perl releases
Message ID:
CANgJU+X3Aucz4hAEj+igs6pKVpWvxRO3KE-0PMmXkQVY9iTwqQ@mail.gmail.com
It seems that Red-Hat has decided to release Perl without
ExtUtils::MakeMaker being included.

This is IMO really bad, and shows the real need for us to provide
guidance to repackagers, something that has been discussed in the
past, but never went anywhere as far as I know due to a lack of
consensus.

I think this decision by Red-Hat is strong indication that we should
draw up a document for repackagers to use and explain that certain
modules MUST always be provided, ExtUtils::MakeMaker IMO being one of
them.

cheers,
Yves