develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2011

Re: The Great Pumpkin

From:
Paul Johnson
Date:
November 1, 2011 03:48
Re: The Great Pumpkin
Message ID:
20111101104811.GB2050@pjcj.net
On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 06:28:09PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> Dearest Porters,
>
> Two years ago today, I picked up the patch pumpkin.  It feels like
> a lifetime ago. (I'll spare you the montage sequence of fifteen-plus
> release engineers typing madly to put together the 28 releases we've
> put out in the past two years.)
>
> It's time for me to step back.

Many, many thanks for all your work over the last couple of years.

Perl in general seems to be in good health and I believe that a lot of
that can be attributed to your leadership.

I have no doubt that Rik will continue the long line of Perl pumpkings
of whom I am in awe.

(Is pumpkin passing at Hallowe'en now becoming traditional?)

--
Paul Johnson - paul@pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net