Optimizing qr/STRING/msixpodual for amusement

February 20, 2011 15:48
Optimizing qr/STRING/msixpodual for amusement
Message ID:
(You do not have to read this)

So Father Chrysostomos just modified perlop like this:

    -=item qr/STRING/msixpo
    +=item qr/STRING/msixpodual

Which got me thinking. That's a lot of letters, I wonder what words we
can make out of them (no I'm not suggesting we use them).

So I came up with this quick hack:

Which when I pipe in the wamerican-huge dictionary from Debian gives
us these canditates:

    $ perl </usr/share/dict/words | head -n 30
    Score Word     Remaining
    8     plasmoid xu
    8     paludism xo
    8     alodiums xp
    8     diplomas xu
    7     podiums  xal
    7     lipomas  xdu
    7     spodium  xal
    7     uploads  mix
    7     adipous  mxl
    7     amidols  xpu
    7     solidum  xpa
    7     alodium  sxp
    7     diploma  sxu
    7     plasmid  xou
    7     dualism  xpo
    6     sodium   xpal
    6     axoids   mpul
    6     audios   mxpl
    6     Alidus   mxpo
    6     ampuls   ixod
    6     Louisa   mxpd
    6     miaous   xpdl
    6     modius   xpal
    6     Dupaix   msol
    6     almous   ixpd
    6     dismal   xpou
    6     Musial   xpod
    6     poilus   mxda
    6     uplaid   msxo

Maybe I can submit a patch in the beginning of the month immediately
following March that changes all our regex flag documentation to refer