develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2010

Jesse Vincent
December 9, 2010 15:13
Message ID:

Hey folks,

David Golden pointed out to me that we now need (effectively) 3 copies
of YAML::Tiny in the blead tree. One for Module::Build, one for MakeMaker
and one for Parse::CPAN::Meta.

At one time, I was one of he most vocal opponents of YAML::Tiny entering
the core as YAML::Tiny because it speaks a subset of YAML.  That's led
to more YAML::Tiny in core, rather than less ;)

With my blessing, David has volunteered to coordinate the unification
of those three Tiny YAML codepaths by importing YAML::Tiny and working
with the relevant maintainers to rid themselves of their forks.

All hail our new tiny YAML overlords!