Perl 5.12.2-RC1 is now available

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
August 31, 2010 10:10
Subject:
Perl 5.12.2-RC1 is now available
Message ID:
20100831171019.GA22655@puppy
The front page opens, familiar as a friend's living room. A frame-grab
from #48 serves as backdrop, dim and almost monochrome, no characters in
view. This is one of the sequences that generate comparisons with
Tarkovsky. She only knows Tarkovsky from stills, really, though she did
once fall asleep during a screening of The Stalker, going under on an
endless pan, the camera aimed straight down, in close-up, at a puddle on
a ruined mosaic floor. But she is not one of those who think that much
will be gained by analysis of the maker's imagined influences. The cult
of the footage is rife with subcults, claiming every possible influence.
Truffaut, Peckinpah -- The Peckinpah people, among the least likely, are
still waiting for the guns to be drawn.

        -- William Gibson, /Pattern Recognition/

I've just uploaded the first release candidate for Perl 5.12.2 to
PAUSE.  Shortly, you should be able to find it at:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/perl-5.12.2-RC1/

SHA1 sums for this release are:

d77be49a073807c04a8701d643ea307c41808a3c  perl-5.12.2-RC1.tar.bz2
5d04e518b8aef98e30d3f16f984b402701e9b608  perl-5.12.2-RC1.tar.gz

It's very important that you test this release with any software written
in Perl which you use or maintain. If no "showstopper" class bugs are
found in the next few days, we will release a virtually identical
tarball as Perl 5.12.2.

Best,
Jesse