mauve::reftype()

From:
demerphq
Date:
mauve::reftype()
Message ID:
AANLkTikHi8jbTshovEMQvdkROx8_JkrksaiqLpNDSDbB@mail.gmail.com
I have pushed a patch to add "fixed" versions of reftype, refaddr and
blessed to universal.c, additionally
at jesse's request this includes weaken() (and its relative isweak).

I used the namespace "mauve" for now.

I think the namespace should either be 'ref' or 'scalar'.

I am pretty sure it should be lowercase so it is reserved for Perl
internals use and id prefer it is short.

I merged the tests from List-Util for the migrated commands into a
single test file lib/mauve.t

I picked "mauve" as the temporary name because it is short, and
because "orange" was still dirty from when Nicholas used it for the
regex conversion.... ;-)

Let the debate begin...

Related to this, I reworked sv_reftype to be called sv_reftype_len()
and made the old name a wrapper. I also added/improved the docs.

Somewhat related to this I pushed a commit that checks that git
ls-files and MANIFEST agree so that newly added files aren't left out
of the MANIFEST.

cheers,
Yves