OS name for HP NonStop OSS

Randall S. Becker
August 27, 2010 16:39
OS name for HP NonStop OSS
Message ID:
Hi all,

I'm trying to come up with a good name for the "HP NonStop" operating system
for hint purposes. The operating system has a UNIX flavour (NonStop OSS) and
a non-UNIX flavour (NonStop Kernel), both referred to loosely as NonStop.
There are a few potential names here:

1.       nonstop

2.       hpnonstop

3.       hpnsoss - NonStop OSS specific

4.       nonstop-itanium

Any preferences? The old mips hints was hpnonstopux, which I'm not really
partial to, but I suppose for historic reasons, we can't really use
hpnonstop. Anyone have a problem with #1 or #3? I'm setting up README and so
forth for eventual (hopefully not too far out there) contribution.

Randall S. Becker

Managing Director, Nexbridge Inc.

Phone: +1 416 984 9826

Register today for the Global HP NonStop Symposium & Expo, 26-29th September
-  <>