OS name for HP NonStop OSS

From:
Randall S. Becker
Date:
August 27, 2010 16:39
Subject:
OS name for HP NonStop OSS
Message ID:
00fa01cb4641$0a587920$1f096b60$@com
Hi all,

I'm trying to come up with a good name for the "HP NonStop" operating system
for hint purposes. The operating system has a UNIX flavour (NonStop OSS) and
a non-UNIX flavour (NonStop Kernel), both referred to loosely as NonStop.
There are a few potential names here:

1.       nonstop

2.       hpnonstop

3.       hpnsoss - NonStop OSS specific

4.       nonstop-itanium

Any preferences? The old mips hints was hpnonstopux, which I'm not really
partial to, but I suppose for historic reasons, we can't really use
hpnonstop. Anyone have a problem with #1 or #3? I'm setting up README and so
forth for eventual (hopefully not too far out there) contribution.

Regards,

Randall

Randall S. Becker

Managing Director, Nexbridge Inc.

 <mailto:rsbecker@nexbridge.com> rsbecker@nexbridge.com

Phone: +1 416 984 9826

 <http://indestructiblecomputing.blogspot.com/>
http://indestructiblecomputing.blogspot.com

Register today for the Global HP NonStop Symposium & Expo, 26-29th September
-  <http://www.NonStopSymposium.com> www.NonStopSymposium.com