develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2010

Perl 5.12.1-RC2

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
May 13, 2010 15:46
Subject:
Perl 5.12.1-RC2
Message ID:
20100513224629.GA5487@puppy
 San Lorenzo was fifty miles long and twenty miles wide, I learned from
 the supplement to the New York Sunday Times. Its population was four
 hundred, fifty thousand souls, "...all fiercely dedicated to the ideals
 of the Free World."

 Its highest point, Mount McCabe, was eleven thousand feet above sea
 level. Its capital was Bolivar, "...a strikingly modern city built on a
 harbor capable of sheltering the entire United States Navy." The principal
 exports were sugar, coffee, bananas, indigo, and handcrafted novelties.

                - Kurt Vonnegut, /Cat's Cradle/

I'm pleased to announce the second release candidate for Perl 5.12.1.

Shortly, you should be able to download it from your favorite CPAN
mirror or from:

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/perl-5.12.1-RC2/

2cb4e03a2d91813bd42ea29b67db25320c77f04e  perl-5.12.1-RC2.tar.bz2
f4be26917292045704c1b704e9f0acf9a214b3a7  perl-5.12.1-RC2.tar.gz

The changes from RC1 are relatively tiny, but I'd appreciate it
if folks would put RC2 through its paces.

If no regressions are reported, I plan to release a nearly-identical
tarball as Perl 5.12.1 on Sunday, May 16th.