develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2010

Perl 5.12.1-RC1

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
May 9, 2010 19:44
Subject:
Perl 5.12.1-RC1
Message ID:
20100510024353.GA23639@puppy
 Which brings me to the Bokononist concept of a wampeter.  A wampeter is
 the pivot of a karass. No karass is without a wampeter, Bokonon tells us,
 just as no wheel is without a hub.  Anything can be a wampeter: a tree,
 a rock, an animal, an idea, a book, a melody, the Holy Grail. Whatever
 it is, the members of its karass revolve about it in the majestic chaos
 of a spiral nebula. The orbits of the members of a karass about their
 common wampeter are spiritual orbits, naturally. It is souls and not
 bodies that revolve. As Bokonon invites us to sing:

    Around and around and around we spin,
    With feet of lead and wings of tin . . .

                - Kurt Vonnegut, /Cat's Cradle/

I've just uploaded the first release candidate for Perl 5.12.1 to
PAUSE.  Shortly, you should be able to find it at:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/perl-5.12.1-RC1/

SHA1 sums for this release are:

cfb2dfec641f2d68eb10d793f12ce612db9e1fd8  perl-5.12.1-RC1.tar.bz2
8f8556222084b703d9b37d70ccd469ec983dae58  perl-5.12.1-RC1.tar.gz

It's very important that you test this release with any software written
in Perl which you use or maintain. If no "showstopper" class bugs are
found in the next few days, we will release a virtually identical tarball
as Perl 5.12.1.

Best,
Jesse