develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2009

Pod::Abstract 0.19 generating warnings on 5.11.3

From:
Gabor Szabo
Date:
December 23, 2009 08:56
Pod::Abstract 0.19 generating warnings on 5.11.3
Message ID:
d8a74af10912230856r6780224cpea7e4b5a80d2ef4c@mail.gmail.com
While trying to build Pod::Abstract  0.19
http://search.cpan.org/~blilburne/Pod-Abstract-0.19/
on perl 5.11.3 I got the following warning:

UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl
at ..../perl/lib/site_perl/5.11.3/Pod/Abstract/Path.pm line 7

The module installs but then another module fails its test as it
checks it STDERR and now it
has unexpected output on it.

Do I understand correctly that best course of action is to notify the
author of Pod::Abstract ask him to stop importing the
functions from UNIVERSAL ?

Gabor