develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2009

Fwd: CPAN Upload: D/DA/DAGOLDEN/Module-Build-0.35_10.tar.gz

From:
David Golden
Date:
November 24, 2009 20:18
Fwd: CPAN Upload: D/DA/DAGOLDEN/Module-Build-0.35_10.tar.gz
Message ID:
5d4beb40911242017s620a7f6foa672c1a556c8e03d@mail.gmail.com
This is Release Candidate 2.  I'm re-running the regression test and
will update the list with results.  Please test or pray or whatever
else might help.  :-)

Porters -- I'd greatly appreciate a test on the usual oddball
operating systems that CPAN Testers won't hit.

If anyone is seriously looking to help in a lazyweb sort of way,
0.35_03 changed the prepare_metadata API when we moved away from YAML
to YAML::Tiny.  (It used to take a YAML::Node object).  It looks like
Bioperl was doing some custom prepare_metadata overrides and that now
breaks.  If someone could offer them a nice friendly patch, that would
be a huge help and gesture of solidarity since our API change breaks
their distro.

Thank you!

-- David

Changes:

0.35_10 - Tue Nov 24 22:49:19 EST 2009

 Bug fixes:

 - bundle_inc.t is more careful about permissions and open filehandles
   to avoid failures/skips on Win32 [David Golden]

 - Fix compilation error in Module::Build::Platform::VMS (RT#51766)
   [David Golden]

 - Don't generate a MANIFEST.SKIP during distclean and add any generated
   MANIFEST.SKIP to cleanup list [reported by Zefram, fixed by David Golden]

 - Module::Build::ModuleInfo version parsing would fail if a module sets
   its $VERSION from another module, but the other module is not installed.
   We now try to detect such failures, prepend 'lib' to @INC and try again.
   [David Golden]

 - MYMETA.yml used to be generated from scratch, overriding any
   customizations used to create META.yml.  Now, if META.yml exists, that
   will be used as the base for MYMETA and only prereq fields will be
   updated (to reflect any dynamic configuration); also, 'dynamic_config'
   will be set to false and 'generated_by' will be updated [David Golden]