develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2009

PATCH: Makefile patches for mktables; wrap uniprops.t

From:
karl williamson
Date:
November 24, 2009 13:27
PATCH: Makefile patches for mktables; wrap uniprops.t
Message ID:
4B0C4F99.7020003@khwilliamson.com
A patch for these things is at git://github.com/khwilliamson/perl.git,
branch is 'make'.

It looks to me like Steve's windows smoker would still be trying to run
mktables (ever-so-slowly) every time, and hopefully this fixes that.

I started with  Rafael's patches, and grepped through the source for any
mention of mktables or the files I removed, and then patched things as
best as I can guess for vms and windows.  I also patched the Cross
makefile, which looks more like the ones I'm familiar with.  However
there is a Makefile.SH.patch in that directory that I have no idea what
to do with.

I changed t/re/uniprops.t to just be a wrapper for the generated test
file, which I went back to the old name for: TestProp.pl, left in the
same directory as mktables.  I changed the makefile to correspond,
adding it and mktables.lst to the dependencies.

As I'm sending this, I'm wondering if my wrap is correct.  I just did a
'do path', with slashes in the path.  Maybe only a 'require' can use
slashes portably.