develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2009

Re: The Great Pumpkin

From:
jesse
Date:
October 31, 2009 16:59
Re: The Great Pumpkin
Message ID:
20091031235921.GG22548@bestpractical.com
> I can already tell you that the CPAN Meta Spec 2.0 design process is
> wrapping up around then and there will be major changes to the
> toolchain modules to support it probably in the month of December.
> You'll need to decide if you want to get those changes (or some of
> them) into Version 12 or let them slip to 14.  No decision needed now,
> but I want to put in a placeholder for discussions later.

My inclination is "big changes moments before we'd like to ship" are
something I'd like to avoid. That said, as your design process finishes
up and implementation begins, keep p5p in the loop. If there are things
we can do to ease the transition to the new toolchain, or help users
not get hurt, well, I like my users unhurt. Then they won't try to hurt
me. [see below]

> > * See if anyone tries to kill me in my sleep
>
> Do you favor katana or nunchucks? ( http://xkcd.com/225/ )

Not telling. I reserve the right to defend myself, no matter what
license you attack me with.

Best,
Jesse