develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2009

Re: The Great Pumpkin

From:
David Golden
Date:
October 31, 2009 12:33
Re: The Great Pumpkin
Message ID:
5d4beb40910311233g24cfd40flc3bfc6d9c61cbba9@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Jesse Vincent <jesse@fsck.com> wrote:
> To this end, I asked our former pumpkings for their blessing to pick up
> the patch pumpkin and shepherd 5.12 into existence.

Hurrah!  +1  While not a former pumpking, I think the work you've done
to get 5.11.X moving demonstrates you have what it takes.

> * Blead will feature-freeze on November 21.  (just after Yves ships 5.11.2)
>  After that point, no feature should be added or removed from blead.
>  After that point, dual-lifed modules should only be updated from CPAN
>  versions to fix major bugs or security issues.
>  Exceptions will be considered on a case by case basis.

I can already tell you that the CPAN Meta Spec 2.0 design process is
wrapping up around then and there will be major changes to the
toolchain modules to support it probably in the month of December.
You'll need to decide if you want to get those changes (or some of
them) into Version 12 or let them slip to 14.  No decision needed now,
but I want to put in a placeholder for discussions later.

> * See if anyone tries to kill me in my sleep

Do you favor katana or nunchucks? ( http://xkcd.com/225/ )

-- David