develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2009

Re: Perl 5.11.0 now available

October 5, 2009 10:31
Re: Perl 5.11.0 now available
Message ID:

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 07:26:45PM +0200, Slaven Rezic wrote:
> Jesse Vincent <> writes:
> > It gives me great pleasure to announce the release of Perl 5.11.0.
> Shouldn't the git tag be "perl-5.11.0" instead of "v5.11.0"?

The differently-formatted tag was very much intentional --
Yves' new build identification machinery (as I understand it) depends
on the new, shorter tag format.

I don't actually care either way, but if we're going to switch back,
there's code that needs to change.