5.10.1-RC2 is released

Dave Mitchell
August 18, 2009 17:01
5.10.1-RC2 is released
Message ID:
I've just uploaded 5.10.1-RC2 to CPAN.

Once it's hit the mirrors it should be available as

but until then, its available as

but please don't advertise that outside of this list.

The .gz variant is also available.

Rafael, once its hit the mirrors, can you announce it on

So please everyone, test away!

I'm not planning to change anything between now and final release unless
it's a real showstopper:  I'm past caring about the occasional test
failure on some random platform.

Significant fixes since RC1:

    NDBM_File sometimes wasn't built
    Many library files were installed into the wrong directories
    Deparsing was slow (fixed by removing const deparsing)
    Safe could emit a spurious "used once" warning; fixed with a non-CPAN
	version bump to 2.17_01
    "cpan -r" didn't work. Fixed with a local (non-CPAN) fix.
    allow Perl_die_nocontext() to be called with a NULL format
    some Win build fixes that I didn't understand...
    perlbug reported spurious patch lists
    Configure added duplicate config args in
    readline(BAREHANDLE) was broken
    Module::Build version bumped to 0.340201 (having a devel version
	number broke things)
    perlfaq*.pod updated

A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step...
then continues for another 1,999,999 or so.