develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2009

Perl 5.005_05 RC1

February 16, 2009 08:35
Perl 5.005_05 RC1
Message ID:
Hi there porters,

Perl 5.005 is a great version of Perl and still used by many people.
There have been a few distribution updates and tool changes which mean
that it no longer compiles cleanly everywhere, so I believe it's time
for another maintenance release of perl5.005, which will lead to

Please compile and make test this release candidate on as many
platforms as possible:

This is a release candidate. I'm interested in compilation fixes. I'm
not interested in fixing warnings.

It is hosted on the Perl 5 Git repository:

Which means you can see the Changes file here:

See perlrepository.pod if you want to play with Git:

Thanks! Léon