Re: [perl #48156] regexp: unicode char causes a 'double free corruption'

From:
Slaven Rezic
Date:
December 7, 2007 11:39
Re: [perl #48156] regexp: unicode char causes a 'double free corruption'
Message ID:
87tzmucn2w.fsf@biokovo-amd64.herceg.de
David Landgren <david@landgren.net> writes:

> Ben Morrow wrote:
> > Quoth david@landgren.net (David Landgren):
> >> Wow! you managed to get valgrind running on FreeBSD? What's your secret?
> > Do you mean at all, or with perl? perl with -Dusemymalloc seems to
>
> yes, running valgrind on perl.
>
> > segfault immediately if run under valgrind, and the ports perl is build
> > with -Dusemymalloc by default, but otherwise it Just Worked...
>
> Yes, that was my experience too.
>
> > Am I missing something?
>
> No, I was. I'll try again some time without -Dusemymalloc.

I think it's also necessary to have a debugging perl. A perl with
-Dusemymalloc and with DEBUGGING does not dump core immediately, but
does not show any results, probably because valgrind is looking at
calls to system's malloc. Without -Dusemymalloc and with DEBUGGING it
works fine. Unfortunately it's available only for i386-freebsd, not
for amd64-freebsd, so it means for me: reboot :-(

Regards,
    Slaven

--
Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de

    tkruler - Perl/Tk program for measuring screen distances
    http://ptktools.sourceforge.net/#tkruler