Perl 5.10-RC2 w/ MSVC++ 2005 test suite with Vista 32 bit

From:
Cosimo Streppone
Date:
December 4, 2007 04:17
Subject:
Perl 5.10-RC2 w/ MSVC++ 2005 test suite with Vista 32 bit
Message ID:
4754F773.2070101@streppone.it
I just built perl-5.10-RC2 with MSVC++ Express 2005 and dmake.
All went almost smoothly. I had to manually copy all
the lib/ and include/ files from the Platform SDK
onto the MSVC lib/ and include/ folders.
Doing this, there's no need to modify the Makefile.mk

If I was supposed to modify the Makefile.mk in some way,
then it's not obvious for me how to do that.
I tried fiddling with CCLIBDIR and CCINCDIR but I had also
to change some other occurrence or compile/link commands,
so I thought the best way was just to stick every lib &
include in the MSVC paths.

Test suite reports 1 successful TODO test.
Here is the full report.

--
Cosimo