develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2007 v0.217 - now with less features

Max Maischein
August 18, 2007 12:47
Subject: v0.217 - now with less features
Message ID:
Hello again!

I've used a bit and while busy with $work pondered the use
cases for it. As a consequence, the possibility of loading a class from
an arbitrary file went the way of the dodo. You'll have to use the
following two lines instead:

     require './plugins/my.plugin';
     use parent -norequire, 'My::Plugin';

I've adapted Aristotle's -norequire [1] switch because I found it the
most self-documenting yet concise name I could come up with (I'm not a
native speaker hence I'm no good at finding good names for things). v0.217 is on the CPAN for some days already, and I'd like it
or a new version with improved documentation to go into the core. The
patches to Tie::Hash to separate out Tie::StdHash and Tie::ExtraHash
into separate files will then follow suit so there's less need for the
feature left out of

[1] Actually, I'm not sure if it's Aristotle's feature, but doesn't let me search ...