develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2007

Remove assertions

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
June 5, 2007 03:55
Subject:
Remove assertions
Message ID:
b77c1dce0706050354peb88cafw5d3290c6609536f@mail.gmail.com
As of change #31333, I've removed support for assertions in the core.

The reasons are multiple :

1. I haven't been very happy with the interface, and planned to
re-work it since the beginning; then, Ricardo came up with new
objections.

2. The core has evolved since assertions were first added, and it's
probably easier to plug things in now (%^H)

3. I want to release 5.10.0 with a stable and well-thought API, and in
a short period of time, so what requires more thought will be
postponed.