Re: [perl #7904] Win32::Console problem

From:
Gurusamy Sarathy
Date:
December 1, 2004 16:03
Re: [perl #7904] Win32::Console problem
Message ID:
200412020002.iB202FAv001574@smtp3.ActiveState.com
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:24:28 GMT, "Orton, Yves" wrote:
>Rafael Garcia-Suarez said on 01 December 2004 18:45
>> Orton, Yves wrote:
>> > Im just curious about this. Is there a good reason why the core Win32
>> > modules are NOT considered to be Core perl in general? Are there any
>other
>> > OS'es where core perl doesn't deploy with what most users of that os
>would
>> > consider to be standard modules?
>>
>> You should ask Sarathy, he made most of those decisions regarding Win32
>> packaging (see libwin32 on CPAN.)

I suggest searching the archives for previous traffic on this.

>> The only core Win32 module is, so far, Win32 itself.
>>
>> Moreover I'm not very inclined to add modules in the core.
>
>Well, 5.6 is long gone. And frankly so even is the company that Sarathy
>worked for, at least they are if you want to be picky about it. "Activestate
>a division of Sophos" is a different beast to "Activestate, home of the 5.6
>Pumpking".

There is probably some truth to this, but I will have you know that
I still have an ActiveState.com address and am technically still
employed by ActiveState. :)

It has been a year or more since I have passed on most my Perl
related maintainership responsibilities to Jan Dubois and
Gisle Aas.  I trust either of them to do justice to everything
that deserves it.

Sarathy
gsar@ActiveState.com