5.8.1

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
September 25, 2003 05:01
Subject:
5.8.1
Message ID:
20030925120112.GC20887@vipunen.hut.fi
          "What happens next?" asked Twoflower.

        Hrun screwed a finger in his ear and inspected it absently.

          "Oh,", he said, "I expect in a minute the door will be
        flung back and I'll be dragged off to some sort of temple
        arena where I'll fight maybe a couple of giant spiders
        and an eight-foot slave from the jungles of Klatch and then
        I'll rescue some kind of a princess from the altar and then
        I'll kill off a few guards or whatever and then this girl
        will show me the secret passage out of the place and we'll
        liberate a couple of horses and escape with the treasure."
        Hrun leaned his head back on his hands and looked at the
        ceiling, whistling tunelessly.

          "All that?" said Twoflower.

          "Usually."

                        -- Terry Pratchett,
                          "The Colour of Magic"

Grab it:

	http://www.iki.fi/jhi/perl-5.8.1.tar.bz2
	http://www.iki.fi/jhi/perl-5.8.1.tar.gz

(or rsync -avz --delete ftp.linux.activestate.com::perl-5.8.x perl-5.8.x)

Or in a while:

	http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/J/JH/JHI/perl-5.8.1.tar.gz

perldelta:

	http://www.hut.fi/~jhi/perldelta-5.8.1.html

Thank you to you all.  Hopefully the 5.8.1 is better than the 5.8.0 was.
Since the release is now out there propagating, there's precious little
I can do anymore, so I will now have a vacation.  Quite a long one,
I think.  I will write up An Official Announcement later when the CPAN
mirrors get updated.

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special