develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2003

RC4 is Out

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
August 1, 2003 08:50
Subject:
RC4 is Out
Message ID:
20030801155000.GJ312787@lyta.hut.fi
	Grand Viziers were /always/ scheming megalomaniacs.
	It was probably in the job description: "Are you a
	devious, plotting, unreliable madman?  Ah, good,
	then you can be my most trusted minister."
	-- "Interesting Times", Terry Pratchett

	http://www.iki.fi/jhi/perl-5.8.1-RC4.tar.bz2
	http://www.iki.fi/jhi/perl-5.8.1-RC4.tar.gz

(or rsync -avz --delete ftp.linux.activestate.com::perl-5.8.x perl-5.8.x)

or in a while the unsurprising

	http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/J/JH/JHI/perl-5.8.1-RC4.tar.gz

I could find no law against having more than three Release Candidates.
Perhaps more importantly, the various module updates warranted a fourth
one, see

	http://www.iki.fi/jhi/perl-5.8.1-RC4.html

Test extensively yadda yadda 5.8.1 as soon as possible mumble mumble.

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special