RC3 is out

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
July 30, 2003 13:39
Subject:
RC3 is out
Message ID:
20030730203918.GC246582@lyta.hut.fi
	Lord Hong had a mind like a knife, although possibly
	a knife with a curved blade.
        -- Terry Pratchett, "Interesting Times"

        http://www.iki.fi/jhi/perl-5.8.1-RC2.tar.bz
        http://www.iki.fi/jhi/perl-5.8.1-RC2.tar.gz

(or rsync -avz ftp.linux.activestate.com::perl-5.8.x perl-5.8.x)

and in a while the public

        http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/J/JH/JHI/perl-5.8.1-RC3.tar.gz

The randomised hashes are on.  Therefore please unleash your code base
on this, or maybe it's vice versa.  Since we are talking randomised
here, run the tests a few times...

Also, I'm still wary of the new module PKI signature hooks in CPAN.pm,
please test that carefully too (like for example how does it look and
feel when installed to a box with no Perl, or to a box with no gpg).

I'm very eager to get the 5.8.1 final out as soon as possible, not that
this comes as a big surprise to anyone.

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special