RC1 is out

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
July 10, 2003 00:15
Subject:
RC1 is out
Message ID:
20030710071427.GB258745@kosh.hut.fi
	Cohen was familiar with city gates.  He'd broken down a number
	in his time, by battering ram, siege gun, and on one occasion
	with his head.

	But the gates of Hunghung were pretty damn good gates.  They
	weren't like the gates of Ankh-Morpork, which were usually wide
	open to attract the spending customer and whose concession to
	defense was the sign "Thank You For Not Attacking Our City.
	Bonum Diem."  These things were big and made of metal and there
	was a guardhouse and a squad of unhelpful men in black armor.
	-- Terry Pratchett, "Interesting Times"

The Release Candidate One has been, umm, released.  I'll be gone for
two weeks starting Saturday.  Hold the fort.  No doubt something will
break, most likely the hash randomisation will leave smoking piles of
rubble in its wake.  This should work shortly

	http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/J/JH/JHI/perl-5.8.1-RC1.tgz

or as an extra special offer for p5pers only (please don't
publish these URLs outside of p5p):

	http://www.iki.fi/jhi/perl-5.8.1-RC1.tgz
	http://www.iki.fi/jhi/perl-5.8.1-RC1.tbz

(or rsync -avz ftp.linux.activestate.com::perl-5.8.x perl-5.8.x)

I'll jot down announcements for use.perl and c.l.p.announce later today.

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special