Release of threads::shared and threads::queue.

Arthur Bergman
July 27, 2001 05:08
Release of threads::shared and threads::queue.
Message ID:

Now working versions of

are on CPAN.

shared is implmented using magic for scalars and tie for arrays and hashes,
the interface if thru a share() function which takes a ref and returns a
ref. the scalars are pretty fast. References to arrays and hashes work, REFs
and scalar refs are "untested". Refcnting across interpreters should work,
but can contain leaks.

I believe most things that are needed to actually do anything in ithreads in
perl is now avaiable.

If you want to experiment I suggest perl 5.7.2 or even better, latest

The following Configure option is going to build perl for what you need.

 -Dusethreads -DMULITPLICITY

If you don't run on win32 or digital unix clibs, please try

This makes some of perl functions use reentrant clibs, this is only tested
on glibc but it would be great if more people could test it!