Front page | perl.par |
Postings from July 2008
From: Steffen Mueller
July 29, 2008 08:45
Message ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have just uploaded PAR::Packer 0.982 to CPAN. The release was overdue
and contains various fixes which have accumulated since the last
release. Thanks to everyone who contributed and sorry that I haven't
been able to contribute a lot to this release myself.
Change log attached.
P.S.: Any volunteers for a win32 .par binary with 5.8.8 and 5.10.0?
[Changes for 0.982 - Jul 29, 2008]
* Bug fixes, etc.
- Fix bleadperl compilation.
- Ensure extracted files are marked executable on HP-UX so they can be
used by the dynamic linker. (Scott Stanton)
- Fixed incorrect error handling code in test for directory existence
when creating a private temporary directory. (Scott Stanton)
- On Windows, attempt to use the system temp directory before trying the
temp_dirs locations. (Scott Stanton)
- Don't remove the top level par-<user> directory for PAR_CLEAN=1
because doing so introduces a race condition with other
applications trying to create the directory on
startup. (Scott Stanton)
- When creating the temporary directory for PAR_CLEAN=1, ensure that
the directory does not already exist to avoid picking up stale files
from a prior invocation of a different par application. This
eliminates the need to rename the temp directory before removing it,
which was causing race conditions in multi-threaded
apps. (Scott Stanton)
- Now officially requires Perl 5.6.1 and up in the Makefile.PL.
This has been the case for a long time anyway, but this change
should suppress some spurious CPAN testers failures.
- Clarified examples in the pp documentation, thanks to Dave Howorth.
by Steffen Mueller