develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from July 2005

Again... Image::Magick and PAR

Jouke Visser
July 13, 2005 13:32
Again... Image::Magick and PAR
Message ID:

I'm trying to build pVoice with PAR again. It's been quite a while since
I've tried to do so, and I'm using newer modules than I did the last
time I tried.

I'm using PAR 0.89 and ActiveState Perl 5.8.7. My application depends
heavily on Image::Magick, so I'm using the Image::Magick build from the PPM repository (quantum depth 8). Just to be complete, I'm
also using wxPerl 0.25, compiled with wxWidgets 2.6.1 (unicode).

pVoice compiles correctly when I'm using the suggestions that Wlodek
shared with this mailinglist on May 21 this year. However, the link
options he suggests shouldn't be nessecary, since the .exe does contain
each and every dll of Image::Magick, along with the other files in
When I start pVoice, it seems to run fine, but every now and then it
can't find the Image::Magick code delegates, so it doesn't show the
images that pVoice needs.

The generated .exe can be found at (approx. 10mb download). If you
rename this file to, you'll see that it contains all of the
Image::Magick files.

For those willing to help out, the .exe doesn't run all by itself, it
does need quite a lot of extra files, which can be retrieved by doing an
anonymous cvs checkout:

cvs co pVoice-2.0

and place the pvoice.exe in the directory where the resides.

Hopefully someone can shed a light on this...In about 9 hours from now I
can be found on #pvoice and #perl on for those who want to
give it a try...

Thanks in advance,

Jouke Visser Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.