develooper Front page | perl.p5ee | Postings from May 2008

Cloud Computing on Perl

Stephen Adkins
May 19, 2008 02:31
Cloud Computing on Perl
Message ID:

I haven't sent anything out through the P5EE mailing list in a couple of years.
I'm using it now to raise a related issue.

"Cloud Computing" has arisen as a powerful new paradigm (and buzzword) [1].
So here are my questions for discussion.

  1. Does anyone know if anyone in the Perl community is working with Google
      to get Perl certified for use in Google App Engine? [2]
      (It currently only supports Python.)

  2. If I were going to try to organize a project ("Cloud Computing on Perl"),
     are there others who would like to participate? (I would imagine that such
     a project would address a variety of cloud computing platforms [3] [4]
     including Free Software DIY clouds.)

  3. If I were organizing this, does anyone have any particular people/projects
      with a vested interest to suggest that I should coordinate this with?