develooper Front page | perl.moose | Postings from March 2009

GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT

From:
Yuval Kogman
Date:
March 9, 2009 17:29
Subject:
GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT GIT
Message ID:
a891e1bd0903091729n96143f8u45bc1aefa6c67953@mail.gmail.com
Hello Moose people,
Yesterday we switched Moose over to git.

The switch is not yet complete, but here is some info:

Moose, Class-MOP, Mouse, MooseX-Singleton and MooseX-Role-Parameterized were
all moved.

The repo URI is gitmo@jules.scsys.co.uk:Moose.git, but will soon be
gitmo@git.moose.perl.org:Moose.git. This requires that you send your ssh key
to me so I can add you to gitosis.

Anonymous cloning should be available soon on git://
git.moose.perl.org/moose/Moose.git (mst - please verify).

Subversion will probably stay in place for as long as maintainers still
prefer it, but switching to git is encouraged. If you are the maintainer of
a MooseX project and you want it converted to git I will be happy to do it
for you, I have an environment setup to perform a clean, history preserving
migration. You don't have to move it to git.moose.perl.org either, if you
prefer github or your own hosting that's also cool.

Please direct any git related questions/requests to me, and any IT related
issues to mst, who is generously hosting the gitosis setup

I will publish a cheat sheet and a workflow guideline document in the coming
days.

And yes, we know you want commit emails ;-)