develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from April 2017

Re: PAUSE & CPAN conflict between MP3::TAG::ID3v1 andMP3::Tag::ID3v1 [ILYAZ, THOGEE]

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
Re: PAUSE & CPAN conflict between MP3::TAG::ID3v1 andMP3::Tag::ID3v1 [ILYAZ, THOGEE]
Message ID:
1CECE93A-16ED-4039-B5ED-D90B952B94F6@cogendo.com
Hi again,

> On 8 Mar 2017, at 22:20, Neil Bowers <neil.bowers@cogendo.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> In December last year I emailed you and Ilya:
>> I’m one of the PAUSE admins, and I’m working through tidying up permissions conflicts that have been caused by the fact that PAUSE now consider package names case insensitively (due to case-insensitive filesystems, as on Windows and MacOS X). PAUSE doesn’t let these situations occur now, but we have some historical cases. I’m sorting these out so that we don’t need code in the toolchain for dealing with permissions conflicts.
>>
>> Thomas (THOGEE) has first-come permissions on MP3::TAG::ID3v1 (which was released as part of tagged 0.1 in 2000), and on MP3::Tag::ID3v1 (which was released as part of MP3-Tag 1.13 by ILYAZ in September 2016). Ilya has co-maint on both packages.
>>
>> I suspect that the right way to resolve this is:
>> drop all your permissions on MP3::TAG::ID3v1
>> delete the tagged-0.1 release from Thomas’s author directory, just so there’s no chance someone could pick up the wrong module
>
> Are you happy for me to do this?

Given that you both have permissions on both modules, and Ilya seemed happy with the proposal, but I haven’t had any reply from Thomas, I’m going to go ahead and just drop all permissions on the older MP3::TAG::ID3v1 and MP3::TAG::ID3v2 modules.

If you subsequently decide you want to do something different, just let me know and I’ll help you get that done.