develooper Front page | perl.modules | Postings from July 2007

Please let me have co-maintainership of XML-SemanticDiff

From:
Shlomi Fish
Date:
July 2, 2007 07:53
Subject:
Please let me have co-maintainership of XML-SemanticDiff
Message ID:
200707021753.11622.shlomif@iglu.org.il
Hello CPAN Cabalists!

Since I last talked to you about XML-SemanticDiff (on 10 June -
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.modules/2007/06/msg54811.html ), I've
continued working on my own fork of it here:

http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/web-cpan/XML-SemanticDiff/trunk/

It now fixes all the bugs here:

http://rt.cpan.org/Dist/Display.html?Queue=XML-SemanticDiff

(As can be seen by the comments I posted there).

Now its author and sole maintainer, Kip Hampton (CCed to this message), has
not responded and seems to be completely unresponsive. Now, a Google groups
search for him:

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22kip+hampton%22&qt_s=Search

Yields only one message over 1 year ago, and the rest of the messages from
2002 or earlier.

A google search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=kip+hampton&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Yields only hits related to him, but none of them up-to-date.

So I ask the CPAN cabalists for me to become a co-maintainer of the module, so
I can:

1. Upload my modified version to the CPAN.

2. Close the bugs for it on rt.cpan.org.

3. Perhaps enhance or correct it further into the future.

And by that fix XML-SemanticDiff which is important and heavily needs an
update.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      shlomif@iglu.org.il