develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from December 2013

Duplicate Dist?

From:
Brian Cassidy
Date:
December 12, 2013 02:01
Subject:
Duplicate Dist?
Message ID:
CAFaSaFwCANQ=fmv6wX0vN2bqx57LV7K5d15OXh5Gd5ZNUjkcBA@mail.gmail.com
Hey All,

I've written a small extension to CPAN::Mini to limit the mirror to only
the latest version of each distribution:

https://metacpan.org/release/CPAN-Mini-LatestDistVersion

This is in relation to the CPAN::Changes Kwalitee Service (
http://changes.cpanhq.org/) as I felt there was no point in using old dists
in the stats calculation.

My thought was that the release vs distribution numbers should be exactly
the same after running through this process. Strangely enough, there's a
single oddity:

HTML-Summary-0.017

I've found the offending dists here:

http://search.cpan.org/~awrigley/HTML-Summary-0.017/

http://search.cpan.org/~tgrose/HTML-Summary-0.017/

I see there are authorized and unauthorized modules in each. Is there
anything that can be done about this scenario or will these two dists
remain in perpetuity?

Thanks in advance,

--
Brian Cassidy (brian.cassidy@gmail.com)