develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2012

CPAN testers: failure installing dependencies

From:
Shmuel Fomberg
Date:
CPAN testers: failure installing dependencies
Message ID:
CADsHW+hOO55j3VHKGQ18qz13Tb3+yfipeC22v-269s5B3ErL9Q@mail.gmail.com
Hi All.

Can anyone tell me, when a cpan smoker / tester is trying to test a module
but fails to install a dependency, what happens?

Who should I convince to make such a failure similar to test fail?
Or maybe mark it as failure to all the modules that depend on the failed
module?

I seek to do it because lately modules feel free to have deep dependencies,
a lot of modules have some small test failure percentage, and these add up
rather quickly.

It is annoying to try and installed some new-shiny module, just to see some
dep^3 fails testing, and then to start investigating.

Thanks,
Shmuel.