develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from February 2007

Re: Delete hate speech module

From:
joseph.evers
Date:
February 9, 2007 02:00
Re: Delete hate speech module
Message ID:
1170977666.514072.246170@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com
On Feb 8, 4:13 pm, j...@jrock.us (Jonathan Rockway) wrote:
> David Landgren wrote:
> > Continuing as the devil's advocate, I still can't decide if that's just
> > a parody on the whole license issue. It's just too over the top.
>
> > That said, I agree that CPAN doesn't have to be the vector for
> > distributing this useless drivel. While the license gave me a big laugh,
> > the comments in the source code are distinctly unfunny.
>
> In this day and age, it's not worth opening up mirror owners to lawsuits
> from module authors because we think something might be a joke --
> lawsuits cost you money even if you win.  (Also, if this module is a
> "joke"... it's really not all that funny.  It's juvenile stupidity at best.)

Excuse me, but Time::Cubic is no joke.  It is a testament to the great
Gene Ray, and the message he has brought us from the year 2051.  If
you decide not to heed this message, and instead follow a queer jewish
god, then you are truly evil.

> It's ESPECIALLY not worth the legal risk for such a stupid and
> controversial module.  The license looks non-Free, the module sucks, so
> deletion is a no-brainer.  It's not worth the time spent guessing.

The Bantown Public License is Free, in every sense of the word.   If
you have a problem with freedom, then you are ignorant.  Indeed, you
are ignorant, educated stupid.  THINK.

> If licensing is the only reason for deleting this thing, then
> delete first and allow the author to reupload with a Free license later.
>   CPAN has rules.  Let's enforce them.

If I must release my module under a dual GPL/BPL license in order for
it to be accepted to CPAN (as the module is currently used in many
various enterprise applications), then so I shall.

> --
> package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
> $,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,

Also, your JAPH clearly marks you as being enslaved by Word.  A queer
jewish god.

To quote the great Gene Ray:

YOU DESERVE DEATH -
FOR SINGULARITY EVIL