develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from April 2005

Re: How to force tests to issue "NA" reports?

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
April 8, 2005 10:33
Re: How to force tests to issue "NA" reports?
Message ID:
20050408173235.GC1790@windhund.schwern.org
On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 07:49:40AM -0500, Chris Dolan wrote:
> >Is there a way tests to determine that a module cannot be installed on
> >a platform so that CPANPLUS or CPAN::YACSmoke can issue an "NA" (Not
> >Applicable) report?

The only way I know of to do this currently is for Makefile.PL to die
as a result of a failed "require 5.00X" line.  ie. Your Perl is not of a
high enough version.

Perhaps, as a stop-gap, this model could be expanded a little bit to allow
the Makefile.PL to die with a general NA report.

	die "Stopped: $reason";

or

	die "NA: $reason";

Since, at the moment, we're having trouble putting together a system to
cover the possible reasons for an NA report let the module author figure it
out.  Its simple and minimal.