develooper Front page | perl.macosx | Postings from December 2003

Re: env MACOSX_DEPLOYEMENT_TARGET patch not working on Panther Server

From:
Chris Nandor
Date:
December 29, 2003 20:36
Re: env MACOSX_DEPLOYEMENT_TARGET patch not working on Panther Server
Message ID:
pudge-00720C.20362429122003@onion.develooper.com
In article <20031218203254.35847.qmail@web10104.mail.yahoo.com>,
 chrisangi@yahoo.com (Chris Angelli) wrote:

> I am running Panther Server 10.3.1.  I edited
> /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Config.pm,
> as per the instructions posted previously on this
> group.
>
> I am trying to install HTML::Parser and I see the
> following error:
>
> ld: -undefined: unknown argument: dynamic_lookup
> make: *** [blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.bundle]
> Error 1

You're probably running gcc 3.1 or earlier (dynamic_lookup is new, I think
for gcc 3.3).  See:

   gcc -v

or:

   gcc_select

It will report the current version of gcc.  To use gcc 3.3:

   sudo gcc_select 3.3

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/