develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from December 2005

Re: LWP::Authen::Negotiate

From:
Harald Joerg
Date:
Re: LWP::Authen::Negotiate
Message ID:
82wthyhw4w.fsf@oook.m.uunet.de
Leif Johansson <leifj@it.su.se> writes:

> Hi, I have a working implementation of Negotiate-authentication for
> LWP which I plan to release to CPAN asap. There are a few dependen-
> cies left which involve other CPAN authors which must be resolved
> first.
>
> Since I am new to PAUSE (but not to perl) I would like to know if
> there are any namespace issues which should be resolved on this
> list before I can release the code?
>
> Beware that the included version may not work for you depending on
> which kerberos version you have used to build GSSAPI (this will
> be resolve in time for release).

This was half a year ago, so please apologize my impatience....

What are the further plans with this module?  It isn't on CPAN until now
(or at least, I've been unable to find it).  Recent Win2003 domain
controllers don't work with Auth::NTLM::HTTP in its current state, so
GSSAPI/Kerberos might be an interesting alternative for cross-platform
(both Apache/IE and IIS/Firefox) authentication.
--
Cheers,
haj